Friday, August 6, 2021

Friendship Corner

 The Friendship Corner

friendship corner house

    

friendship corner

At the corner where the Bent Creek Drive is intersected by the Beaver Creek Court there is the place where we meet and come to know each other. Few of us are residents of the city of San Ramon whereas some are from India visiting their children who are settled in US. Beaver Creek Court leads to the trails towards the hill side  of San Ramon while Bent Creek goes along intersecting Story Creek Drive and joining it again at the end again. 

     This juncture, as recollections of lively and memorable friendships develop  we treasure it as precious one. The  corner house stands quietly as if wondering what the ladies are opting for. 

I happen to pass this corner during one of my walking days and see a lady sitting on the concrete railing of the corner house. I recognize her as she also walks sometimes crossing each other. I could easily make out that she an Indian. As I smile at her, she also responds with a smile. Without hesitation I start enquiring about her. As for me coming from North East of India with an Eastern look she wouldn’t guess that I am also from India. So I introduce myself and handing over my card I tell her to call me anytime so that we can walk together sometimes. Few weeks pass and I haven’t thought about it any more. One day this lady calls me to enquire if I am available to walk around the creek. “I am ready” I answer.  As she introduces me to her other friends I have come to know quite few of these ladies who are staying here in US due to Covid19.

We are now getting to know each other more. As she introduces me to more ladies friendship circle becomes bigger and we have the chance to go out sometimes for lunch or for shopping. I am grateful that as friendship has become a steady one as a gift from the  Friendship Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment