Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Visiting Shillong,, Cherrapunji in Meghalaya

As planned earlier I had to leave for Shillong on October 23, 2017 on my way back to Delhi and then to US on November 1, 2017,  My friend Nurara had just visited  Imphal and I wanted to go to Shillong  after seven years. It was partly to see the Shillong so that I could contribute  to  the Sindhi community there as a token of appreciation for all they did during my husband Rup's demise on February 17, 1997.  Also Mrs Hazarika had arranged for visit to Cherrapunji.  It was a great experience for us to see a new JIVAresort place also near Cherrapunji  over and above the one Jiva Veg in Nongpoh half way from Guwahati to Shillong..
 I shall always be grateful to Dutt's family for arranging everything for my husband before the cremation. It was at their house that he had his final rest after the hospital stay February 16 to 17 due to the stroke and taken for cremation at the Sindhi cremation ground. I wanted to donate Rs 25,00.00 (twenty five thousand) to the United Sindhi Association.  Handed the check to Haresh of Uncle's shop. I pray that my husband's soul rest in peace. On October 23 Mrs Hazarika and I went to Guwahati and stayed at Hotel Vivanta Khannapara for the night to catch the flight next day for Delhi. Mrs Hazarika had to return to Shillong after dropping me at the Airport.I am so happy to have had company of Nuraara and Anita during my trip this time to Imphal after my publication of book in Manipuri "Nuse Hemabati"


at Anjali's house atJIVA resort,on cherrapunji ,Nurarra with Jamuna

entrance hazarikas

Hazarika's Business name

North East Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Medical and health 

Jamuna and Nurara at cherrapunji

JIVA resort near Cherrapunji

on way to cherrapunji with Mr and Mrs Hazarika

nehalika fall at Cherrapunji

JIBA VEG at Nongpoh

No comments:

Post a Comment