Thursday, October 1, 2015

Amazing Yellow Stone Park

Trip to Yellow Stone.
“Anticipation is one of the greater pleasures of love, travel, painting. Knowing that something exciting is going to happen and more or less how, gives vitality. So you set yourself for it.” Robert Genn (artist).
Today after two months of waiting for this day I arrive at Seattle on July 10th 2015, to join the trip which my niece Shilpa and her husband Praveen have been planning. Her mom Manisha has just come from India and I will have a good company.
My host’s family had just returned from a camping trip during July 4th weekend. Now again they are ready for the next trip to Yellow Stone National Park.


Starting around 11 am from Redmond city, Seattle and a short stop for lunch we could reach Missoula by 9 pm. During the long drive the kids Aarav, 10 and Trishaa,6 we see them becoming restless even though they are kept occupied with movies, stories of their choice. This is but natural for the young ones and they are much better than most of the kids in general. Their father announces a witty suggestion , “ look out for wild animals and whoever can spot one, will be given one dollar.” That works well for some time. At the end of the day no one could spot any wild animal but only few cows and horses while passing the rural areas.

 Praveen  is a bit weary hence after driving whole day, Shilpa takes over the wheel. Long drive no doubt takes toll of energy of everyone inside the vehicle.  At Missoula we drive around the town looking for a restaurant to have dinnr before we check in the hotel. It looks as if the town is asleep as all the stores and restaurants already closed. Finally after driving inside out, we can spot IHOP and luckily it is still open. Another trying moment, waiting for the meals ordered to come on our table we almost lose our patience. But when the meals are on our table, surprisingly we forget the wait as the meal we get, all are superv. We are now happy travelers.
Figure 4Manisha in front of LaQuinta Inn
We check in at the La Quinta Inn where we have two rooms with a connecting door in between. Manisha, my sister-in-law is my room mate while the kids and their parents occupy the other room. The  kids are having fun calling us from their room and finally we have to disengage the phone placing the phone down from its hook.  As my head touches the pillow I feel as if I am in heaven dozing at a Mughol rose garden bench lost in a twilight dream.
July 13
            As soon as I change into night gown, brush and paste in my hand once in the bathroom, I splash cold water on my face. It is so invigorating and refreshing. I complete my evening prayer. Later Manisha joins me doing the prayer

Having had a good night’s sleep I make our morning tea for both of us. Tea is like a healing  balm to my soul and mind. Then morning shower and prayer we go to the lobby for breakfast.  So many different types of cereals, and also scrambled egg and bacon, inside the hot pot and slices of bread

and butter, jam lots of fruits are all there waiting for us. Plenty to choose we are quite happy to be there.   Enough time in our hand while others are getting ready we decide to take some pictures in front of the hotel before we leave.  Here is the photo of Manisha  in front of the LaQuinta Inn.

  We do a quick tour of the front yard for some time when we return Praveen and Aarav are having breakfast at the lobby. Trisha and Shilpa are still inside their room getting ready.  Once everyone is ready we are again on our journey toward our destination.   Arriving around 4pm we check in “Yellow Stone Lodge where we have our booking.

Then we immediately venture out toward   Grizzly & Wolf  Discovery Center just in time to see the live show of the bears’ food hunting. They would be out soon to let them look for the food hidden by the kids in the allotted areas under the heavy weights of rocks and logs of wood. Not to waste any more time Praveen gets our tickets for the entry which were valid for two days (next day included).  As we enter inside, visitors are already lining up with cameras in hand  Standing on the upper deck, we  could see a group of kids already busy hiding  foods. After they finish their tasks the kids are directed to march out of the area.  Five energetic bears come out running and each trying to get their share of food as much as they can.  The way they pick up the heavy logs and rocks and throwing aside to get the hidden food amazes the spectators. They leave no stone unturned till they finish all the rations. Once their search is over they loiter and play around until they are directed to go toward their comfort zone provided as natural surroundings.  Visitors happily proceed toward the museum where one could read information and writings about the local habitat and also see display of stuffed animals.

Once we are inside the museum, six year old Trishaa, goes straight to the receptionist and asks, “Can my brother and I  sign up for the next day’s program?”
 “Yes, sure” Receptionist gives assurance to the bubbling girl. Their names are entered and enrolled for the next day’s activities.   

No comments:

Post a Comment